Below are my 5 tips for not going crazy with Thanksgiving food! 5 minutes, 5 tips, and lots of stress avoided!
1. Eat clean the rest of the day and Friday. Give yourself the big meal to have indulgences, but don’t use it as an excuse to eat junk for days.
2. Drink lots of water–avoid the soda and the alcohol as much as possible and drink water all day Thursday and Fridayto flush the extra salt out of your system.
3. Be active. Plan a walk, a run, a DVD workout–anything to get your blood pumping and a swear going. Have a cheat day doesn’t mean you have to skip out on your workout.
4. Load your plate with veggies. No matter what else you eat, make sure you have at least 3 servings of veggies throughout your day. Get good nutrition even if it is alongside some not so great foods.
5. Relax and enjoy the holiday! It’s about gratitude and family, not stressing over food all day. Have a great time!