We have had a really busy summer! We have traveled a couple of different times, and we’ve just been busy all around the city. Sometimes being busy or being on vacation seems to make it impossible to also stay committed to a clean eating plan, but it really doesn’t! Yes, it makes it harder, but if you plan ahead, you can be successful and stick to your goals.
Here is a list of some of the foods I like to carry with me when I’m on the go. Some of them are 100% clean, and some of them are just better options than fast food.
- Individually packed trail mix
- Raw cashews or almonds
- Olives To-go (pre-packaged, individually)
- Fruit–bananas, pears, apples, grapes, cherries
- No-sugar-added jerky
- Kind Bars
- unsweetened coconut shavings or chips
- pre-sliced veggies (jicama, carrots, celery, bell peppers)
- Cherry or grape tomatoes
- Individual “snack pack” hummus
- Whole grain crackers or chips
- Individually-packaged raisins or dried cranberries
When fast food is all you can get, stick to grilled protein, no bread, and side salads or fruit as your meal. Water or unsweet tea are your best drink options, too!
I’ve actually started a new Pinterest board for Eating Clean on the Go. Feel free to check it out for more ideas!