This week, I finished Day 60 of my 60 day program! I have NEVER finished a program this long before, so I am so excited and proud of myself for finishing this program. When I decided to do it, I was really nervous about it because I have only ever completed the 21 day programs–the 30 day programs I’ve *almost* finished them, but have never gotten all the way done. I was afraid that I would be setting myself up for failure with an 8-week program, but I realized that the only thing stopping me from finishing a program is ME! There is no reason I can’t finish a 60-day program other than my own excuses, so I decided that I would be successful, I committed to the program, and I followed through!
I didn’t do the program perfectly–not every workout was done on the exact day it was supposed to be done, but every workout WAS completed! I finished all of the workouts in the 60 days without going over on days, which is what I had committed myself to. I am really proud of that!
As far as nutrition, I’ve talked pretty openly about how that has been a struggle for me. I was very focused on proper nutrition while I was doing the Whole30, but it was very hit and miss the rest of the time I did Insanity Max:30. I still got great results that I’m really excited about!
- I love that they are 30 minute workouts. It makes it so much easier to fit these in my schedule!
- I love that there are 2 rest days each week! If I was able to get my workouts in Mon-Fri, it made my weekends more relaxing to not have to worry about fitting workouts in or getting up extra early. On the weeks where I didn’t get all 5 workouts in during the week, I loved having 2 rest days making the schedule more flexible if I needed to move things around.
- I love that I was able to stream the workouts online! Not messing with DVDs, being able to just go down to my basement, and not worrying about travel time or getting ready to leave to go somewhere else to workout made it so much simpler for me to be consistent with this program. I was able to use my computer or my phone to work out, depending on where I was and what my schedule looked like.
- I love that there was no equipment! I just needed my workout clothes and my shoes (and some people work out barefoot!). So easy!
The workouts are HARD. I modified most of the moves most of the time, and I still got a great workout every single time. I was really sore, so I drank some Beachbody Performance Recover to help me not be so sore–it makes a huge difference, doesn’t count as any of my portion containers on the eating plan, and tastes really good! I was able to push harder in each workout because I wasn’t struggling through feeling sore from the workout before.
I love how I felt doing IM:30! I see a big difference in my body, but I feel better, too.
- I am stronger–I was able to do more moves full-out instead of modifying everything.
- I was getting less winded earlier on in each workout, which helped me be able to push harder and get even fitter each week.
- I was able to do higher tuck jumps by the end of the 8 weeks
- I was able to do longer plank holds by the end of the 8 weeks
- I was able to take less breaks throughout the workouts
- I was able to do more push-ups each round
And there is a difference in my body, too! The scale says there are only 2.6 lbs difference in these two photos, which in the past would have devastated me, but today, I really couldn’t care less. My clothes fit better, my body looks different, and these workouts make me feel like a badass. The scale can suck it.
I’m still deciding on what I’m going to do next, but I’m pretty sure I’ve decided on doing yoga for the weekend and then going into 21 Day Fix Extreme starting Monday, April 10. I’m also going to be submitting my before and after pictures to the Beachbody Challenge to get a free shirt for Insanity Max:30! I have made some awesome progress with this program, and I’m excited to keep going!